Essential Service Housing
Our focus is to provide affordable housing to essential services workers.
- Our 40 family pilot program is currently underdevelopment. Our selection criteria rates projects based on quality, affordability, and proximity to service areas.
- Allocate a portion of dedicated affordable units to essential services workers
- Emergency services
- Critical infrastructure
- Community resilience
- Emergency generators / on site cogeneration capacity
- Storm water management
- Flex space for emergency housing (ie convertible common rooms with kitchens and shower facilities)
- Excess emergency power distribution capacity
- Flex parking for emergency service vehicles
- Capacity to address displaced residents & travels in the event of weather and transit emergencies
- Community Education